Saturday, December 18, 2010

Top-20 Countdown - No.03



Stratos - no.03: LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening


Final three now... this is probably their last album (I hope they change their mind) and it is at least as good as their previous work. LCD Soundsystem keep defining my music world with their music, their beats deeply ingrained in my cells, their electronic sounds etched in my mind, James Murphy's voice echoing in my ears. And yes, I want to have his baby (I'll settle for Pat Mahoney of James declines, thank you). Murphy's law indeed.

My review for "This Is Happening" as published in Screw magazine issue 19:

James Murphy and his group give us their third (and rumoured last) album as LCD Soundsystem. Combining exquisite beats, electronic elements and Murphy's particular style, they do not disappoint - instead they pull you inside their world without giving you an escape route. This might not make you feel like exploring distant soundscapes like their previous one, but it fills you with aesthetic and sensual gusto. And in these days it is so very rare. 
Selections: Dance Yrself Clean, Drunk Girls, Home



Giannis - no.03: LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening




1 comment:

  1. Ωραία επιλογή και από τους δύο.

    ReplyDelete