Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Top-20 Countdown - No.14

Stratos - no.14: Marina & The Diamonds - Family Jewels


This is a record I thoroughly enjoyed this year. playing over and over at work - luckily my colleagues loved it as well. When I managed to get the CD in Edinburgh, we started playing it at the place  I was staying a lot, along with Florence's Lungs. It's so infectious and feel-good! Well done Marina!

My review for Family Jewels, published in Screw issue 17:

Marina Diamandis is of Greek origin (her dad that is) but she grew up in the UK. And it definitely shows in her first album titled "Family Jewels" (we all know what this phrase means I guess!). Beautiful songs with the spunky and lively Marina spreading her characteristic voice with ease and guts on the 13 album tracks. It is not the perfect record but you have a great time listening to it! Do not miss! 
Selections: Are You Satisfied?, Shampain, Mowgli’s Road




Giannis - no.14: Goldfrapp – Head First



No comments:

Post a Comment